Protecting your home from intruders is something we should all take seriously. Often protecting our home from burglary or intruders isn’t at the forefront of our minds… Until something happens.
Did you know that in Perth, roughly 77% of intruders enter in just 5 minutes? Many of those simply walk in! Keeping your doors locked and having security doors is a must.
Nearly 10% of people who are burgled will come face to face with the intruder.
Scary thought, isn’t it? So what can you do? Here are our top home security tips.
Home Security Tips
Home security tips to help protect your home and family:
- Don’t have shrubs/bushes too close to the house, this gives people a place to hide
- Know your neighbours. Say hello and swap contact numbers
- Empty your mailbox regularly
- Keep your garden neat and tidy/maintained
- Stranger danger! Just like you do for the kids, be stranger aware. Check the ID of anyone that comes to your door. Limit the information you provide to people who come to the property.
- Lock your windows and doors
- Join a Neighbourhood Watch
Professional Home Security Tips
Looking to take your home security further? Read our professional security tips that will help to protect your home and property.
One easy one is lighting around your home and garden. Security lights don’t have to be ugly as there are some great options available. Even solar light in areas around your garden can be enough to deter a would-be intruder.
The garage is often easily forgotten and targeted. Bikes like trail and road bikes are targeted by thieves. Ensure the entrance to your garage has secure doors with proper security lighting.
More professional security systems and strategies you can do are:
- Installing an alarm system
- Installing CCTV
- Installing an in-floor/wall security safe
- Keeping some pepper spray
- Installing Croc Top Fencing/fencing spike
- Installing Security Gates
- Installing Window Locks
- Installing Security Screens/Roller Shutters
There are so many things you can do to deter would-be intruders and to protect your home. For professional home security advice and service contact the team at U R Safe today.